Names of Groups (Collective Nouns) Set of 40
*More product photos just below the description
Welcome to our quirky world of Collective Nouns!
This intriguing, fun & educational set contains 40 ultra-sturdy learning cards encouraging children to use the appropriate terms for various groups. Real-life images of groups of animals, insects, sea creatures, etc. on the front of each card accompanied by its appropriate collective noun on the back.
From identification to sorting and categorising to counting to digging deeper into finding more about behaviour of these living beings in groups, this set will help children get numerous activities, games & lessons all whilst they’re having fun learning about their favourite animals.
At a glance:
- Is it always a ‘herd’ of animals or a ‘flock’ of birds? Let’s learn about how to refer to a group.
- Children will learn to refer to various groups using the appropriate term without generalising
- Real-life HD images of various groups of animals, birds, insects and sea-life without any text distraction so children can take the time to observe the image, describe it, express themselves better with new words and sentences
- Discover the appropriate term and spelling for the collective noun from the reverse of the learning card
- Encourage conversations by talking about what the child can see in the image, counting the numbers of each, discussing about the various other details they can see in the picture and so on
- Helps children become better and detailed observers while boosting their confidence and conversational abilities
- Great fun improving language skills, learning to sort & classify and instilling a natural interest in learning in children
- Children can enjoy a number of literacy and numeracy activities - it is a very versatile set used daily by a number of families and settings with young children
Designed & Made in the UK | UKCA/CE Tested
We have tried our very best to support our UK economy in our own small capacity and have remained entirely & proudly Made in the UK from day 1.
UKCA/CE safety tested.
What's included in my order?
FREE Magnetic-close Gift / Storage Box
Your set of Teddo Play Learning Cards comes hand-packed in a premium sturdy magnetic shut-close box, making it very much giftable as is.
FREE Play Ideas Guide
Every order also receives a free physical play guide which is a wire-bound booklet full of creative play ideas and suggestions to help you make the most of your Teddo Play Learning Sets.
If you have ordered adhesive magnets to use the learning cards on magnetic surfaces such as magnetic whiteboards, blackboards or even on your fridge, a set of 40 adhesive magnets will be included in your package. Please note children should not be left unsupervised with magnets. These are learning aids and not toys.
If you have added the gift-wrapping option to your order, your items will be sent gift-wrapped without any price receipts. Find out more here.
We support the international Children's Education Charity, Room to Read in their education and gender equality programs. For every Teddo Play Learning Set we sell, we get a local language book produced for a Room to Read library for children from low-income communities across 20 nations. Find out more here.
These cards are very strong and versatile. Younger children will enjoy looking at the beautiful photo images, great for introducing new language and knowledge. Older children will enjoy naming them, including them in their small world play set ups, learning the collective nouns and sorting them. I must admit I didn't know lots of these collective nouns so I've learnt from them too! Great revision for anyone into pub quizes!
Totally blown away with the quality of these cards & attention to detail looking forward to ordering more
These cards are such an amazing learning product for all ages