Names of Groups (Collective Nouns) Set of 40 Learning Cards
*More product photos just below the description
Welcome to our quirky world of Collective Nouns!
This intriguing, fun & educational set contains 40 ultra-sturdy unbendable learning cards encouraging children to use the appropriate terms for various groups. Real-life images of groups of animals, insects, sea creatures, etc. on the front of each card accompanied by its appropriate term on the back.
It’s time we referred to a group by its correct term. It’s not always a ‘herd’ of animals or a ‘flock’ of birds. You’ll be surprised by how often we generalise these things when there are some great terms for referring to various groups.
From identification to sorting and categorising to counting to digging deeper into finding more about behaviour of these living beings in groups, you’ll be able to get numerous lessons from this fascinating set.
- It isn't always a ‘herd’ of animals or a ‘flock’ of birds!
- Children learn to refer to various groups using the appropriate term without generalising
- Real-life HD images of various groups of animals, birds, insects and sea-life without any text distraction
- Discover the appropriate term for the group from the reverse of the card
- Encourage conversations by talking about what you see in the image, counting the numbers of each, discussing about the various other details you see in the picture and so on
- Helps children become better and detailed observers while boosting their confidence and conversational abilities
- Great fun improving language skills, learning to sort & classify and instilling a natural interest in learning in children
Designed & Made in the UK
We are very proud to say that all of our products including every single element from the making of the product itself down to the packaging boxes, play guides, stickers, labels, mailers – from start to finish – we're entirely & proudly Made in the UK.
What's included in my order?
FREE Magnetic-close Gift / Storage Boxes
Your set of Teddö Play® Learning Cards comes handpacked in a fun and very sturdy magnetic shut-close box.
FREE How-To Guide
Every order also receives a free physical play guide which is a wire-bound booklet full of ideas and suggestions helping you make the most of your Teddö Play® Learning Sets.
If you have ordered adhesive magnets to use the cards on magnetic surfaces like magnetic whiteboards or even your fridge, a set of 40 adhesive magnets will be included in your package. Please note children should not be left unsupervised with magnets. These are learning aids and not toys.
If you have added the gift-wrapping option to your order, your items will be sent gift-wrapped without any price receipts.
For every Teddö Play® Learning Set you purchase, another local language book is printed for a Room to Read® library. Room to Read® seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Find out more here.
These cards are very strong and versatile. Younger children will enjoy looking at the beautiful photo images, great for introducing new language and knowledge. Older children will enjoy naming them, including them in their small world play set ups, learning the collective nouns and sorting them. I must admit I didn't know lots of these collective nouns so I've learnt from them too! Great revision for anyone into pub quizes!
Totally blown away with the quality of these cards & attention to detail looking forward to ordering more
These cards are such an amazing learning product for all ages